Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #110: Think Like a CSE...Reduce the manual inputs!

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Good macro practice!

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Somehow it did not get my final file...

PrivateStorm
8 - Asteroid

Attached is my solution to challenge #110.

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Here my solution

Thanks!

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_110.PNG
hanykowska
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Slightly changed the original macro (added the date selection tools) and created a batch macro from the original flow. Then build a new small workflow:
ch110(2).PNGch110(1).PNG
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
Simple solution:
I added a condition to swap the Start and End dates in the filter if the user entered them backward (e.g. 7/1/2019 for the start date and 6/1/2019 for the end date).

Also, I assumed that the calendar input was necessary (and we couldn't just generate the list of dates between Start and End using a Generate Rows tool). 

challenge_110_solution_klg_1.PNG

Form:

challenge_110_form.PNG

Batch marco solution (to process each day individually:
I don't really understand the use case for this (why you would need to process each date separately), but here it is!

challenge_110_solution_klg_2.PNG

challenge_110_batch_macro.PNG

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

I was expecting to make a macro, but I've made an app instead!

I'm not quite sure I understand the bonus question. I did some transposing and dynamic renaming so you get a line of data per date with multiple previous dates (if you type multiple dates into the app). But I wondered if this was a batch macro thing... Looking forward to seeing what others have done!

Challenge 110 app image.PNG

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Ok updated now to incorporate a batch macro. I'm not sure it adds any value, but good practice in an area where I need it!