Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

attaching my solution

lucascs
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
lucascs_0-1683904669882.png

tristank
11 - Bolide

Struggled conceptualizing this solution a lot. My original solution was not at all dynamic and I knew it could be better, so I went in and looked at some of the workflows people had submitted but didn't actually look at what the tool was doing. This gave me some new ideas for how to approach the problem dynamically. (More explanation in spoiler below)

Spoiler
I saw a lot of people using the append tool and realized I didn't have to parse the different reviews to look for the potential word. The second thing I realized is that I could use the summarize tool to find situations where multiple words existed within one review (as opposed to using a formula tool that would test all the different conditions and wouldn't be dynamic long-term) I took me a while playing with the summarize tool to achieve what I wanted, but I realized by grouping by the field and concatenating the buckets gave me the initial list of reviews and words that existed within the reviews. From there I had to do the reverse and group by the potential buckets and count the reviews that fell within those buckets. Very helpful for me when I realized how I could use the summarize tool to achieve something like this.

tristank_0-1684246124971.png

olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
olga_strubbe_0-1684252316892.png

A nice challenge, true to real-life use case scenario.  Thank you, @GeneR !

MitchellBliesner
8 - Asteroid

I am working my way through the Alteryx Challenges as I am learning Alteryx. Here is my solution to the problem.

lucaskro
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
lucaskro_0-1684400533294.png

Archie_bos
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

matthewblandford
7 - Meteor

Slightly trickier than I thought at first, but still pretty straightforward.

MitchellBliesner
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution to the challenge

realdaniel1989
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
AlteryxGui_79DpCglfcs.png