Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

KevinW
8 - Asteroid

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Paul-Evans
9 - Comet

Here's my solution:

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

sann0638
8 - Asteroid

Done!

otresca
7 - Meteor

Solution

enci1017
6 - Meteoroid

Solution to Challenge 11, somehow my number is slightly higher than the posted solution。 Any though why?

GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @enci1017,

With your solution, a record that falls into the "Tones + Screen + Trigger" bucket, would also fall into all other buckets. This is due to the fact that the Formula tool evaluates all the formulas you have written independently anyway.

When your "IF THEN ELSE" statement is true for the "Tones + Screen + Trigger", it is also true for all other buckets separately. Hence, results for the "Tones + Screen + Trigger" bucket are correct, but you are over-counting all other buckets.

Hope this helps.

GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Was going mad for getting different results, until I realised there are duplicate records with the same Field_6 description and used a RecordID to group by, rather than grouping by Field_6!

msicak
8 - Asteroid

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

Challenge 11 Solution Attached

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This would require less tools if I searched for the words, but one of the things I love about Alteryx is the ability to change the shape of the data so easily.