Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

archietao
8 - Asteroid

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the batch macro solution? I'm still new and was trying to replicate the Batch Macro Solution hoping i can learn how to use that Macro. However, my workflow doesn't work for some reason. it would be much appreciated if anyone can point out what's wrong with my workflow/macro.  

Thanks,

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Verakso
11 - Bolide

At first the challenges can look really simple, until you take a path and it won't work.

So did I with this, I struggled to use the Find Replace Tool, since I thought it would be obvious to use here.

Well it wasn't at least not to me, so I ended up doing something similar to others, but it bothers me a bit, that I seem to solve most of the puzzles using the Formula Tool.

Spoiler

I did notice after my own effort, that the provided solution #2 is actually using the Find Replace Tool, but with apparently a slightly different approach than I was. Perhaps I am trying to cut to many corners...

//Thomas 

jbranaum
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution, non macro approach.

Thanks!

Karam
8 - Asteroid

My solution 🙂

yajing_wang
8 - Asteroid

My easy lazy way

Spoiler

NikolajFrosig
7 - Meteor

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Sam 🙂

AlexCox
8 - Asteroid

My solution

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Append and contains filter for me 🙂