Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

MaxGiegerich
8 - Asteroid

That was a tough one... Got there in the end with a little glance at the soln. Two issues I had:

1. Struggled to get my macro to output the Bucket field and not the Search field. Any guidance on this? Seems like an unnecessary join in the middle. I'd like this file's output but without using the extra join ideally. 
  2. Is there a better way of not truncating the Test2.csv fields without setting the length in the input to be 1000000? Seems overkill but I guess if that's the max length then there's no way around this. 

Interested to hear others' perspectives on this.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MaxGiegerich 

@MaxGiegerich wrote:

1. Struggled to get my macro to output the Bucket field and not the Search field. Any guidance on this? Seems like an unnecessary join in the middle. I'd like this file's output but without using the extra join ideally. 

I think you can change your find replace in your macro to append whichever field(s) you would like. You could send both fields out of your macro like this:

Capture.PNG

@MaxGiegerich wrote:

2. Is there a better way of not truncating the Test2.csv fields without setting the length in the input to be 1000000? Seems overkill but I guess if that's the max length then there's no way around this. 

Not that I know of! You wouldn't have the length problem if you stuck with a yxdb file.

data_rachel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

samjohnson
7 - Meteor

After fighting my urge to merge the two data sets in a futile and sad way, I stumbled into the Append Fields solution and then found that I'd literally copied another solution! So, I learned two things: how to make Append Fields work to my advantage and that I was on the right track with this. Again, an incredibly fun challenge.

Spoiler

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

Real excited to have used the append solution in this one. I do wonder if there is a more elegant way to solve it.

naveen_manae
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have solved the challenge and the attached workflow runs in 1.5 Seconds.

Regards,

Naveen.

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Not the fastest workflow ever, but it works...

samN
10 - Fireball

I will always accept parsing challenges!! 

Waynemk
8 - Asteroid

I got lazy and just hand coded the search/bucket info.

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Learning more about regex all the time!  Had just learned about the summarize concatenate functionality a few weeks back, so that part was fairly simple.  Packaged due to the size of the input.