Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Challenge complete - similar solution to others

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution:

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Awesome challenge; I took something of a 'brute force' approach to it.  

Solution Attached

Highlighted

Solution attached. Similar to others I used a Cartesian join and the FindString function. My stumbling block was getting the concatenated groups, which turned out to be quite simple once I saw that action was available with the Summarize tool.

Ken

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I can't stop laughing after knowing solution is this simple. I used so many filters and formulas(to calculate intersections and then excluding it) in the end to get to the answer,

Highlighted

Here's my solution.

Spoiler

Highlighted

Solution attached

Highlighted

Here's my solution for this one.

Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler