Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ok, I'm not sure if I've over complicated matters, but I have the right answer and it only took a few minutes to build.

Most of my time was spent staring at the question because of my brain thing...

Spoiler

Fairly straightforward once my brain stopped doing that thing it does.

M.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Bulien

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

pmwillen
7 - Meteor

Solution attached

kat
12 - Quasar

myastarling
10 - Fireball

My solution seems to be similar to some of those here. The only weakness I can see of this method is that if the search word is one that is commonly contained in other words (e.g. 'water' and 'watermelon' 'watered') - this method would capture not just that exact string but words that contain that string as well. If that ends up being a problem, then I can see replacing punctuation with spaces and searching for that word with a trailing space as a workaround.

willstom1
8 - Asteroid

Not a very elegant solution but I got there in the end!

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Attached is my solution. Seems to be in line with some other people have done.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I'm not sure this is the best way, but it does work

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

This one proved to be a little more difficult than I first thought. Do I parse? Do I do fancy joins? In the end, I started down a path and got close to the answer, but I ended up needing some help from the community to get the solution. Excellent challenge!

Solution Attached

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I enjoyed this one. 🙂 Really straight forward, so spent time ensuring I could do it with as little tools as possible. I haven't spoilt it yet posting to look at solutions to see how I did. 

#Alteryxrocks