Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

only 3.4 seconds required to finish the flow!!

add ID field. cross-join using append field. filter on contains formula. summarize summarize

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

ivoller
12 - Quasar

I used the brute force and ignorance approach. If I was doing this for real, I'd use a macro.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

locunhalima
7 - Meteor

My solution.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I did all kinds of crazy on this one 😉

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Week 11.PNG
jsdeter
8 - Asteroid

Posting Solution

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

I started taking a similar approach as @NicoleJohnson but switched track and did a long version of the macro. Comparing these two, Nicole's version runs much faster on my computer.

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my version of my solution

JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

Not up to speed on building macros yet, so I did not do that solution.

My solution seems kludge-y, but it gets me there. I spent a lot of time trying to make it dynamic; that is, have it identify buckets based on the contents of the second file that had the search terms and buckets. I was unsuccessful so had to go the hard-code route. If anyone knows if this is possible, please let me know and give me a hint how to do it.

Thanks!

JohnD

daniel_ferreira
8 - Asteroid

Follow my solution attached...