community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #109: Women in Government Around the World

Asteroid

Spoiler
 109.png
Asteroid

My solution attached.

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
This one was fun, too.

Capture.PNG
Alteryx
Alteryx

I really enjoy the data prep challenges. In this one, I made a slight change. Apparently Bolivia was dropped from consideration because it didn't report in 1997 and so it had a null result for 20 year change. I backfilled in both directions -- if a value was still null after filling from previous then I filled from next. That put Bolivia in the number 1 spot for Lower Middle Income.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My Solution!!

Alteryx Partner

Solution.

Alteryx Partner

My result is slightly different, but this is probably due to interpretation

Spoiler
I think I interpreted some things differently, such as the "has reported values" which I included with a counts distinct non-null

Something else I did was I first did the multi-row formula to check for empty values and then supplement it with the previous years' value. However, I performed this operation narrowing the data set to the time period of interest

109.png