Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #108: HeLa Cell Multiplication

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Done!

Probably done in the easiest way possible. 

Spoiler
108.PNG
santosh_kandregula
6 - Meteoroid

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It makes sense to give the lower and upper bands when generating rows. Might as well give the exact date time at which max density is reached if you're using logs. I should probably redo with an iterative macro for practice.

Spoiler
Log SolutionLog Solution
bdaniels
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 2.44.12 PM.png
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Took a non-macro approach, and it's similar to many. I used a dynamic select to choose just the fields ending in _date

Spoiler
image.png
CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

My solution :D 

terry10
11 - Bolide

Followed what I learned from   Live Training: Build Your First Iterative Macro! 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Solved this 2 different ways - one of which is a single tool solution.

Spoiler

First way was to do a generate rows and then just multiply each out

Second takes advantage of the fact that this is a power law, so a single formula using log base 2 solves this

2018-06-03_8-05-45.png

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Good test on macros!

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
WC108Macro.PNGWC108workflow.PNG

I realize I probably didn't need to make this a Macro here, but I originally started out trying to make it an Iterative Macro solution, perhaps I'll try and submit a second solution using that method later.

Cool story about Henrietta Lacks, I had heard of her previously but never read to much into it. I recommend the book "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" to anyone interested if they haven't read it.