Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #107: Plot Employment Rates by Gender in the US

stlbw
6 - Meteoroid

Here's my solution. There were a few things I wasn't sure how to do; get the y axis label to show up in bold, display the x axis tick marks without showing year labels, or color the font in the legend. Maybe with the new interactive chart tool the output will just have to look a little different.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution, using the interactive chart tool

Spoiler
09-07-_2019_21-46-45.png
TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
107. Data Analysis.PNG107. Data Analysis 2.PNG

The interactive chart tool was useful here, and the prep wasn't too bad!
Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

Managed to answer all advanced questions. Nice challenge!

Spoiler
challenge 107 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
fmeo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
107.PNG107 Chart.PNG
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

who knew calculating a trend line would be so tricky. I gave up on the stretch goals 😞

Spoiler
challenge 107.png
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Had a fun time with this one. I made a chart very similar to the example, but there's no point in showing that one. Here's one with trend lines.

2019-09-15_22-33-02.png

Spoiler
I cheated a bit on the trend lines. I found a macro in the public Gallery that does a linear regression and returns the slope and intercept of the regression line. I was able to drop that into a formula and generate points for the line. Never leveraged Community like that before. A good lesson learned.
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

My result:

Spoiler
Around the year 2123Around the year 2123

My workflow:

Spoiler
I first generated 50 additional years, but I had to edit that value in order to see the lines crossing each other. Of note: take care of that 1968 value as it is not multiplied by 100I first generated 50 additional years, but I had to edit that value in order to see the lines crossing each other. Of note: take care of that 1968 value as it is not multiplied by 100
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Attached is my workflow.  Created chart, then used linear regression to find trend lines for 2nd chart.  Based intersection calculation on the linear regression results and calculating the intersection of the lines using the point slope method and cross solving (think quadratic formula type math).

Spoiler
Chart 1.JPG

Chart 2.JPG

workflow 107.JPG

Year of Intersection.JPG

AbbieRoss-Carter
8 - Asteroid