Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #106: How Long were the Lights On?

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Nice one :-)

cadyb
Alteryx
Alteryx

This was a tricky one! I went the Multi-Row formula route at first and then a light turned on in my head (lol) and I used Generate Rows. I learned that DateTimeAdd requires a DateTime field and agree that a TimeAdd() function may be nice :)

acrahen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
2018-12-19_11-27-01.jpg
payam2
8 - Asteroid

I'm glad the new Designer update has fixed the proxy issue. Now I can move on to other internet connected challenges I wasn't able to do.

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Surprised that parsing AM/PM took extra effort (%p only for output?).

Spoiler
106.png

Still unable to upload files, so here's the link: https://dsmdaviz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/solved%23106.yxmd

catarina_pimpao
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
AWC_106.PNG
Steven_Pocoroba2
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Attached my workflow which includes a failed attempt in a container. I thought it may be useful to someone else to see the mistakes I make too...

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Went down a rabbit hole at first trying to use multi-row formulas to eliminate overlapping end and start times and coming up with the differences between combined enter and exit times.  Got within one minute of the answer, but realized would take several multi row formulas to achieve the correct result.  Realized the need to find unique times and came up with a similar workflow to the others.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution