community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #106: How Long were the Lights On?

Alteryx Certified Partner

Amazing way of thinking, bravo

Meteoroid

My first work in Weekly Challenge 

Quasar

Being too stubborn to peek at the spoilers, I used 12 tools in my solution. I refuse to admit how many minutes it took me to solve this one. It was deceptively tricky!

I enjoyed checking out all the answers so far. This was a good one!

My solution:

Took me a little longer than expected. Would be good to have a TimeAdd() function, as well as the DateTimeAdd()

Spoiler
challenge_106 - Snip.PNG
Quasar

I went waaaaaay too complicated!

Spoiler
Challenge #106.PNG
Asteroid

Think I over complicated things slightly, but got a nice solution in the end :) 

Never thought this would be so complicated. This crushed my ego. Always something new to learn and keeps life interesting.

Meteoroid

Mmm, took a while for me to convert the times-strings into Time-types - looking forward to learning an easier way :)

Spoiler
106_IainS.png
Bolide
Bolide

I kept thinking there must be an easier way - but I probably built it the hard way!  Very satisfying to get the result!!!