community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #106: How Long were the Lights On?

Alteryx Certified Partner

Done! Checking for duplicate time is a fun thing to do, but I'm not aware what kind of detection sensor that would be to detect another person entering the room. Anyways, here's my take on this challenge:

Spoiler
106.png
Meteoroid

Learned how to generate rows! 

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 106.PNG
Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_106_solution_justindavis.PNG
Highlighted
Asteroid

Took the very simple approach here:

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Asteroid
Solved by two different methods. This one was harder than I thought it would be after just reading the description.
Asteroid
Spoiler
2019-08-03 15_28_56-Greenshot.png
Asteroid
Interesting challenge and not so easy - I lose a lot of time on "Date Time" conversions but now I know that date/time functions have to be used with "Date Time" data and don't work with "Date" or "Time" data.

Pretty much the same as many.

Asteroid

Slowly getting through all these datetime ones now that its finally sunk in