Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #106: How Long were the Lights On?

sunny430
7 - Meteor

My first challenge! I need to become more comfortable with time parsing still, but I made it work.

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Ilías
7 - Meteor

MJG
7 - Meteor

This took longer than I wanted. I was able to to use DateTimeParse to parse the time, but couldn't create 24H time properly using DateTimeAdd without having a date as part of the field. I had to add today to the string before I could use it and then it was easy afterwards.

tochy
8 - Asteroid

106.JPG

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

AndyBate
8 - Asteroid

Complete

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
Converted the times into actual time fields, accounting for the AM/PM. Started down the path of using a MultiRow Formula tool,  followed by a DateTimeDiff to calculate the number of minutes. This wound up being a problem because some of the enter times, when updated to be after the previous exit times, were after the exit time. Didn't want to deal with those problems.

Soon realized that I could just generate the minutes in between the two times, and then count the unique ones per room.

Fun challenge!!
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I started down to multirow formula route, then I realised I was making it way too complicated....so I changed tack and went for...

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 106.png

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

santosh_kandregula
6 - Meteoroid

Spoiler