Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #105: Think Like a CSE… Tools are missing!

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Solution attached.

Spoiler
The initial error message said the workflow was looking for a macro in .\macro\...
So I created a folder called macro in the same folder as the workflow and put the yxmc file in that folder. Every thing worked with the original configuration.
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Super fast challenge by the way!

My method without an image:

Spoiler
Download workflow and macro.

Open workflow and add macro again via right click, insert macro.

Replace the broken with the macro and fix the connections manually. (Run workflow as a test)

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Workflow Dependencies, and set to All Relative

Save and Export the workflow
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Open yxmd file in Notepad and look for the reference to the yxmc file then update the path.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Do non-Alteryx solutions count?

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
The issue was the macro wasn't being correctly located as it is saved in another directory, therefore bringing the macro in again and copying the settings from the XML of the original macro worked.

Challenge 105.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Here's how I did it:

Spoiler
Challenge 105.gif
arjanloogman
8 - Asteroid

Did the same as TonyA:

Saw the error, created 'macro' folder and moved the .yxmc in there. Opened the workflow again and woosh!

No nifty notepad stuff here...

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
My first thought was to just reinsert the macro and fix the inputs, which worked but seemed to easy for this challenge.  Researching the community I found information about correcting the path directly in the workflow XML.  First attempt - opened in  Notepad (not Notepad++).  Second attempt:  opened in Notepad ++, but couldn't figure out where I should fix it.  I reviewed some of the other posted solutions then found my way.  I added just the macro to a new workflow and saved it, which gave the name in the correct format to copy and paste into the original workflow.  Great to learn this as it is a handy way to fix broken Alteryx macros (reason #7859523 why Alteryx macros are better than Excel macros).

corrected workflow 105.JPG

Existing workflow XML.JPG

New workflow 105.JPG

New workflow XML.JPG

report 105.JPG

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Can finally attach files*, although cannot edit my previous reply

* Not apps or packaged workflows though

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.