Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #105: Think Like a CSE… Tools are missing!

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I went with using Alteryx to amend Alteryx.

Actually had this issue today whilst working on the community!

Spoiler
Workflow Image.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Opened the Workflow after replacing the Marco in Notepad and copyied the origninal marco code into the workflow.

Challenge_105_.png

MMehdi
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler
As stated in the error message, we have to :
Create a folder named "Macro" in current directory a.k.a. next to the "Reporting_Workflow.yxmd" file. Inside the "Macro" folder, we put "AstronomyPictureOfTheDay.yxmc" and issue fixed :) Please see attached: the generated PDF report.

As of the original values, if I understood the issue correctly, just open the files with a text editor to appreciate the XML structure and get the following :
<Data>
<r>
<c>https://api.nasa.gov/planetary/apod</c>
<c>today</c>
<c>False</c>
<c>DEMO_KEY</c>
</r>
</Data>

[105 - Resolved]

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello everyone! A video solution has been posted to the original post (inside the spoiler tag)!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-105-Think-Like-a-CSE-Tools-are-missing/t...

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I went for the delete and replace method. Really liked the video solution to learn a few new cute ways of fixing this common problem though.

Spoiler
challenge_105 - Output Astronomy Image.PNG
kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
I went with replacing the broken macro with the one I had downloaded on the canvas. This didn't allow me to preserve the API though, so I ended up opening the file in notepad and solving it that way.

Useful trick to know!
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
To solve,  I clicked on the configuration on the missing tool, inserted the macro back into the workflow, and manually changed the settings back to the original configuration.

I learned a few new tricks watching the video. Thanks @MikeSp!

CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler

Clicking on the dodgy macro brought up this window with all the information needed

XML.png

Ilías
7 - Meteor

Went for the easy route, just changed the reference

Inactive User
Not applicable