Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #105: Think Like a CSE… Tools are missing!

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I went with using Alteryx to amend Alteryx.

Actually had this issue today whilst working on the community!

Spoiler
Workflow Image.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Opened the Workflow after replacing the Marco in Notepad and copyied the origninal marco code into the workflow.

Challenge_105_.png

MMehdi
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler
As stated in the error message, we have to :
Create a folder named "Macro" in current directory a.k.a. next to the "Reporting_Workflow.yxmd" file. Inside the "Macro" folder, we put "AstronomyPictureOfTheDay.yxmc" and issue fixed :) Please see attached: the generated PDF report.

As of the original values, if I understood the issue correctly, just open the files with a text editor to appreciate the XML structure and get the following :
<Data>
<r>
<c>https://api.nasa.gov/planetary/apod</c>
<c>today</c>
<c>False</c>
<c>DEMO_KEY</c>
</r>
</Data>

[105 - Resolved]

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello everyone! A video solution has been posted to the original post (inside the spoiler tag)!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-105-Think-Like-a-CSE-Tools-are-missing/t...

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I went for the delete and replace method. Really liked the video solution to learn a few new cute ways of fixing this common problem though.

Spoiler
challenge_105 - Output Astronomy Image.PNG
kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
I went with replacing the broken macro with the one I had downloaded on the canvas. This didn't allow me to preserve the API though, so I ended up opening the file in notepad and solving it that way.

Useful trick to know!
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
To solve,  I clicked on the configuration on the missing tool, inserted the macro back into the workflow, and manually changed the settings back to the original configuration.

I learned a few new tricks watching the video. Thanks @MikeSp!

CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler

Clicking on the dodgy macro brought up this window with all the information needed

XML.png

Ilías
7 - Meteor

Went for the easy route, just changed the reference

Inactive User
Not applicable