Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #104: Love's not the only thing in the air!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Fun challenge! I chose to make it a little more dynamic by building a tree that can be used to choose your city (I attached the workflow I used to build the tree as well). Noticed after testing for a few different cities that I needed to group by Site # since there are some cities that contained more than one Site (which was creating unusually high AQI values for the month by summarizing them together across sites). So I split out the output report into a separate grid per Site (based on city selected in the tree). Used Phoenix, Arizona as my sample city selection, largely because it's been 20 degrees here this week, so you know, wishful thinking. Plus the air quality looks pretty good! 

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge104.JPGWeeklyChallenge104_Results.JPG

Cheers,

NJ

Elena_Caric
8 - Asteroid

Ended up being quite long. Couldn't get the first column of the table to be all white though. Went with a simple app to choose a city. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
104 Image.jpg
Ayelavan
6 - Meteoroid

This is my solution,

I used the datetimenow() to determine the current month and filtered the [Date Local] field by that value. Also used converted the workflow to an analytic app to allow users to select the city they want the results for.Capture.PNG

DriveMyData
7 - Meteor

DriveMyData
7 - Meteor

I got some different numbers for denver...

Week 104.PNGWeek 104 Output.PNG

tochy
8 - Asteroid

Inactive User
Not applicable

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Started along the same path as @patrick_digan, grabbing the table from the EPA website. But ultimately decided to copy the results into a text table. Used a dynamic replace tool instead of a nested IF to assign the category. Transpose, summarize, crosstab, and report!

Created an app that allows the user to choose which city they'd like to see, and outputs the result. Tried the tree tool for the first time. Creating the table was a great exercise with using the Tile tool.

I'd love to make this dynamic and have the data pulled directly from the web, for the most current data. Any suggestions @ChristineB?

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I decided that it wasn't for me to determine which city to choose, so I made it into an app :)

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 104.png

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover