community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #103: Just another game?

Comet

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Took a bit of time to understand the errors being generated by the regression tool, eventually realised it doesn't like null values.

Got quite a few offence metric in the prediction model, but guess that's important as that's how you score points. Being a Brit I don't know too much about NFL so hopefully haven't caused much disservice to the game!

Challenge 103.PNG
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
Took the 4 lowest correlated (non-expected) variables
Challenge 103.png
Alteryx
Alteryx

Solution attached. Looks like the neural network got me the closest. It hit both the 2016 results and 2017 results almost exactly but I also included the 2018 results and it didn't do quite so well. 

Asteroid

Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
04-10-2019 09-26-59.png
Alteryx Partner

Yes, I peeked...

For some reason, the Tree Model got me closest predicting the Super Bowl...?

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 15.50.01.png

Anyway, great to be learning this topic, slowly dawning on me...

...and I know it's close to blasphemous, but I even got the Pearson's correlation choose the variables for a predictive macro...

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 16.19.42.png

Kind regards,

Arjan Loogman

Asteroid

Nice predictive practice, although I'm not sure I did what was intended

Spoiler
image.png