Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #102: Tabulating Flu Data

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Took a similar approach to most, but added some visualizations to see some additional insights like @Claje, though I chose to practice my PowerBI this time instead of the reporting Alteryx tools...some cool insights, for sure! Interesting to see which years hit the elderly the hardest, or the 0-4 yr age group... and to see the spikes in certain months, definitely shows how volatile flu season can be. Future challenge idea perhaps - Would be really interesting to see this data with some spatial elements as well, to see when the flu hit certain parts of the country, where cases were most concentrated among certain age groups, etc.

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge102.JPGWeeklyChallenge102Dashboard.JPG

PS. @PhilipMannering - I used RegEx in a Dynamic Rename tool to format the column names correctly... was just going to leave them but you inspired me to try cleaning it up a bit :)

Cheers,

NJ

Claje
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
Every time I see PowerBI/Tableau Visualizations I'm reminded that I should really just use them more often :)

That is a much prettier (and more effective) take on some of the information I was trying to investigate.
gnans19
11 - Bolide

Attached solution. Simillar to others.

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Added a time series to the analysis, which brought up a few interesting puzzles: 

1. What to do with years that have a 53rd week.

2. What to do about missing observations (off-season).

badiualex
8 - Asteroid

First weekly challenge for me. :) Easy pie

WeeklyChallenge102.JPG

kixe80
6 - Meteoroid

Le voici

dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

quick one this week