community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #101: The Search for Powder

Alteryx Certified Partner

That was a long but fun one, thanks

Here's my solution.  One more to go until I hit the big 100..

Spoiler
challenge_101_JL.png

My solution :)

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 101.png

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

Challenge #101 resolved

Spoiler
Batch-Macro.pngBatch MacroWorkflow.pngWorkflow #101
Nebula
Nebula
Great quick challenge - and super practical too for winter!
Quasar

Nebula
Nebula

Wolf Creek it is!

As for the long download times in development, the Alteryx database file makes a handy-dandy storage container.  As Ron Popeil would say "Set it and Forget it".  

On another note, I never cease to be amazed at the Alteryx's number crunching power.  The data set maxes out at about 1.2 M records(1.0 GB) and yet, from start to finish, the work flow takes 5 seconds!  There's some serious wizardry going on here.  

Spoiler
Solution 101.png

Dan

Asteroid

This one is quite challenging for me since I haven't done much data crawling on the web and use the download tool. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but glad I did!

Solution attached.

Pulsar

Great challenge! I really have to start using that caching macro! Although the sample tool helped me while I was still trying to get the logic right.

Asteroid

Here's my solution :)

Spoiler
challenge 101.jpg