Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #100: Find Ned!

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
100 - 1.png100 - 2.png100 - 3.png

Learnt quite a bit about spatial tools. Used idea from @patrick_digan 

The standard engine workflow runs about 1.5 minutes, with AMP switched on, the time is reduced to 22s.

scoles0617
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Reposting under my new user ID.

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Challenge #100. Packaged workbook was too big on inputs

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

This one was a tough one for me, lots of introduction and practical use of a handful of spatial tools I rarely use. I believe Ned to be hiding out at (-105.547821, 38.998532).

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution. I made a 1 km grid then took the max and min values for the latitude and longitude then brute forced it. Didn't take more than 30 or so attempts.

Spoiler
my_weekly_challenge_100_solution.png
justynam
8 - Asteroid

Congrats, you got within 108.1 meters of Ned. Look to the E

11 seconds

Abiramm1
8 - Asteroid

Sorry Ned lad - there was an attempt but no success

Also can't upload the file

CatheyH
8 - Asteroid

Managed to get to 7.7 m within 40s - using the AMP engine.

Spoiler
CatheyH_0-1663086809016.png

Wondered just how many spatial tools I could use to complete this one! 
I created a (non overlapping) trade area of 15.5km around every road then cut this away from Colorado leaving only the areas furthest away from the roads. I then calculated the sqkm and identified the largest remaining area, splitting this into 5m grids and calculating the distance from the roads. I tweaked the trade area size to reduce the load on the grids so that I could increase the grid accuracy.

rob-k
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
robk_0-1663670490292.png

Brilliant challenge! Got it down to 18.6 metres and 9ish seconds with AMP engine.