community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #100: Find Ned!

Asteroid

Here's my solution :)

Took me longer to get my head around this than I'd have liked, but once I figured out the principle then it went pretty smoothly.

72 metres away. Workflow runs in 16.1 seconds.

Spoiler
Challenge 100.jpg
Asteroid

Within 5.5m in 26.9 seconds.

Bolide

Spoiler
Challenge_100.png

Cheers! That was a lot of fun!

Alteryx Partner

I first did it as large grid, then medium grid, then fine grid but, after seeing so many posts with the same approach, I tried using iterative macros to find a locale max after the first grid. Still a decent job at < 25 s.

Spoiler
Final.pngMy outputmain_workflow.pngMain WorkflowStep.pngFirst Iterative that changes the step of the radius in the inner iterativeiterative.pngFinding the locale max
Alteryx Certified Partner

Finally managed this with a Batch macro

Weekly Challenge 100 (3).JPG

Aurora

The toughest challenge, by a Colorado mile.

Result.png

Spoiler
Solution.png

Dan

Asteroid

Here is my solution... 17 m from Ned in 21.7 seconds

Highlighted

Fun but hard one :-)

Asteroid

This one is fun!

@ChristineB / @JoeM ,

The dropbox download link is broken. Could I have a location to download the files please?