Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #10: Date Time Calculations

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

slight deviation in dateTime stamps was found. I appended my own DateTime stamp in case you'd like to switch to production

ivoller
12 - Quasar

This one was easier I thought.

locunhalima
7 - Meteor

My solution.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Week 10.PNG
alphabex18
8 - Asteroid

HI there. How can you take your solution and concatenate it in one field as a time stamp of d.hh:mm:ss? But not as a string. Then i can pull out more analytics from it. Thanks ahead of time

ivoller
12 - Quasar

@alphabex18

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Alteryx only recognizes Date(time) fields in the format of YYYY-MM-DD and provides a bunch of formulas to do arithmetic on them. It also provides functions and the DateTime Tool to convert between strings and DateTime formats. Using the functions you are generally able to achieve whatever level of parsing, arithmetic that is necessary for your analysis.

Perhaps if you gave an example of what results you are aiming for we could help.

Iain

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

1 tool solution!  ... well if you don't include the browse tool :)

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

Here my attempt at solving this challenge. Since I had done a similar solution before, I took the approach of calculating the seconds first, and from there, calculating the days, hours, and minutes while deducting the seconds. After looking at some of the solutions, the solution I like the most was the use of the modulus operator by 

@mceleavey

Spoiler
2018-04-11_11-37-39.png

JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

Yep, another quick one - but those formulas start to get a bit hairy as you increase the nesting those date functions!

JohnD