Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #10: Date Time Calculations

datamonkey
8 - Asteroid

Time for something more challenging ;)

catherineduffy
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Verakso
11 - Bolide

At first I thought this was simple, but then I spent some time to figure out, why my result did not match the output.

Well I (and others) found out that the Time_Now in the input and output data has an offset of 41 seconds, and that was why my output did not match the provided output. After the correction it did match, and I did after checking the provided solution see, that here it didn't match either.

Spoiler
I did first go for using MOD like I can see others did, but since I originally had issues matching the provided output, I thought my use of MOD was somehow wrong, so I took a more simplistic approach and  converted hours, minutes and seconds, by simple calculations.

DateDiffDateDiff

//Thomas

mina_ran
8 - Asteroid

My solution

jbranaum
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution.

I used the floor function instead of mod and got to the same result.  It was also a little easier for e to follow what each set was doing versus the extra mathematical steps you have to apply using MOD.

I guess its more personal preference on my end :)

Great challenge, lots of fun!

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

wow, i started off making it a lot more complicated than it is...i was sure there was a simpler way...  a lot of googling helped :) 

yajing_wang
8 - Asteroid

Formula tool practice

gauravnegi2
8 - Asteroid

just solved the Question

Spoiler
using mod fun
SamDesk
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Sam :)

cookl
8 - Asteroid

Took me a while to get my head around this one, despite the simple looking solution