Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #10: Date Time Calculations

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Solution attached. Used the MOD function as mentioned in the help guide. 

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Lots of formulae :)

2017-10-08_16-45-45.jpg

data_rachel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Pretty standard:
challenge10.PNG
Days = DateTimeDiff([Time_Now],[TIMESTAMP],"days")
Hours = DateTimeDiff([Time_Now],[TIMESTAMP],"hours")-DateTimeDiff([Time_Now],[TIMESTAMP],"days")*24
Minutes = DateTimeDiff([Time_Now],[TIMESTAMP],"minutes")
-(DateTimeDiff([Time_Now],[TIMESTAMP],"hours")*60)
Seconds = DateTimeDiff([Time_Now],[TIMESTAMP],"seconds")-DateTimeDiff([Time_Now],[TIMESTAMP],"minutes")*60

I noticed that the final output were all output with Byte as the type, so I made that change in my formula tool as well. Resulted in no problems with decimal places.
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

I'll be honest, I did this problem two different ways and got the same result. Neither of which matched the expected output. Could anyone please take a looks and let me know where I went wrong?

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @JoshKushner

The issue is that the solution has a different DateTimeNow stamp in the input vs. the output, so they will never match.   @alex was the first to point this out I believe, so credit is his.

Josh- send me a PM with your personal e-mail, and I'll send you a few pieces that will help you with this kind of question in the future.

dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
10.PNG
dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Good Mod :-)

samN
10 - Fireball

Pretty sure there is a difference between the time nows on the input and output

Waynemk
8 - Asteroid