Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

coderockride
8 - Asteroid

Just posting my solution and trying to participate more actively in the community. Cheers!

coderockride
8 - Asteroid

This was an interesting challenge as a SQL developer, I didn't realize the join is limited to an equal operator. In SQL we could have just done a join based "on a.date between b.startrange and b.endrange". It even got me thinking that it might be a good macro to create a "conditional join" tool that has an interface that allows you to do either a <,>,= join as well as and/or joins and group joins (eg. a.date = b.date and a.id = b.id). 

ewelch531
7 - Meteor

solution attached. Really interesting.

TonyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Generate rows, join, and summarize

NikolajFrosig
7 - Meteor

Benbryans
8 - Asteroid

#1 down!

BPurcell2
9 - Comet

Solved it, but after reviewing others, I like theirs better (using the generate row formula)

BPurcell2
9 - Comet

oops, double post

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Posting my solution to contribute to the activity. Like others I used a formula rather than generate rows, but the solution given made me think. 

Banim
7 - Meteor

My solution is attached...Challenge_1_BenBanim_Solution.png