Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

troyeb4
8 - Asteroid

Found some challenges I didn't post. 

Tberney
8 - Asteroid

The Ur-challenge!

Spoiler
Tberney_0-1594994595779.png

mihir_sampat
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Challenge 1 solution.PNG

It's an amazing example to get familiar with the "Generate Row" Tool.

Also attached the .yxmd file below.

Rekj
5 - Atom

First post in what I hope to be a habit-building exercise.

Spoiler
I used Generate Rows tool for creating a record for each value in each of the ranges.

To use the range, I used Text to Column to parse out the start and end of range.

The start and end had to be converted from string to numeric in order to  loop through.

After reviewing the solution, I found that I did not need my step to Summarize to get Min and Max for each, essentially the Generate Rows Tool can accomplish this without this extra step.

After creating records from the lookup Input, the Join Tool matches Customer Postal Codes to the generated row lookup.

Summarize Tool to create end result view.

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Recently my team decided we'd make weekly challenges a part of our weekly routine. One of them mentioned they just started trying the challenges, initially with #1 - and I thought, what a novel idea! Though I didn't start here, always good to go back to the beginning.

Two solutions - one that could be cumbersome to run with larger data sets and one that maybe fits more within the guard rails 😉

Spoiler
1 - Solution.PNG

matt_un
7 - Meteor

A nice start to the challenges.

It's easy to use Append Fields but it definitely wouldn't be good if there were more sales reps.

Spoiler
matt_un_0-1595175640673.png

dhmalik
5 - Atom

Here's my submission for the Weekly challenge 1

nbandla
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
nbandla_0-1595425828116.png

dmhatchell
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
dmhatchell_0-1595608576503.png

skkennel
5 - Atom

Newcomer to these weekly challenges: I'm hoping to work my way through them all!

Spoiler
Unfortunately the first few words of the 11/16 update on the original revealed the existence of the seldom-used Generate Rows tool, so I came into this one with a hammer looking for nails! Still, it was a good mind-bender to figure out how to give that tool the input it needed to perform the task.
challenge_1_SKK_20200724.png