community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Atom

Good fun - I went the long way around but got there eventually - I'm new to the generate rows tool so this was a great way to get inside what it does and how useful it can be. Thanks!

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

#1 done! I used a split, bulk append and filter rather than generating rows. Am guessing generating rows is probably more efficient though.

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
challenge 1.PNG
Quasar

What a great first challenge! At first I used substring function in the formula tool to separate the range, but the text to columns tool is much simpler.

Quasar

I really like how you used the test tool to verify your result! I'm going to use that going forward! (Previously I was just scanning back and forth)

Atom

Join to Range.jpg

Alteryx Certified Partner

Never to late to solve a weekly challenge :)

Meteor

Starting from 1 and working my way through!

Meteor
Solution Attached Widgets Used: - Text to Columns - Generate Rows - Join - Summarize
Asteroid

Just started using Alteryx for work and I am going to try to complete all the weekly challenges!

Spoiler
Week 1.png