Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) Welcome @Shevans - this is the great thing about the weekly challenges, they're here when you are ready to get started (so no time is too late).

Nice work getting started - the weekly challenges were a huge learning journey for me, hopefully you get a lot out of them!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Workflow

irisTZ
5 - Atom

Solution for Challenge #1

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @irisTZ

Just wanted to say Welcome, and congratulations on your first solution posted.   I've personally found the weekly challenges to be one of the MOST valuable learning tools that I've come across for the alteryx product, and I hope that you'll find the same!

Good luck, and welcome to the journey.  There's loads of fun ones ahead, so you've got a lot to look forward to.

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.  I too used functions within the Generate Rows tool to parse the start and end postal codes required for the expressions.

Ken

A_Twa
8 - Asteroid

Very cool - I've never used the 'Generate Rows' tool before, and now I'm thinking of all of the place that I can use it day to day.  Thanks!

ajmnoble
5 - Atom

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

Looking forward to working my way through these. 

Dan_Z
7 - Meteor

Finally got around to trying some of these out :) Thanks for the opportunity to learn!

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
I used the Advanced Join to merge the two sets of postal areas and establish a "between" range relationship.  The only time wouldn't work is if they work US postal codes because the leading zeros will not allow for the postal fields to be changed to numerical.