Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1600768330580.png

Blair_A
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution, it isn't particularly scalable. I'd definitely use generate rows in future for similar problems.

Spoiler
Challenge 1.jpg
Jasna_dm
7 - Meteor

Used generate rows. Soon after finishing realized there is a more elegant solution. Still here is my initial one.

solution_1.PNG

Evlieg
5 - Atom

This seems a more efficient solution (probably someone else also has done it this way)

Evlieg_0-1600897649083.png

jyothiki
7 - Meteor

PFA

vaishakm
5 - Atom

Thanks @Evlieg, this was an interesting solution you shared. However, I consider the Generate Rows method as more efficient. Since the Append tool does a Cartesian product, it generates a larger number of records (if we apply this approach to larger databases, you can understand the costs). Using the Generate Rows tool, you can limit the rows generated to as many records as the original one. I hope this made sense. I still learnt a new approach from you. I, on the other hand, am quite embarassed to say my first thoughts were to use conditionals (so pedestrian, I know!) but quit since it's not scalable and in the process, learnt about Generate Rows tool!

JoeBarndollar
6 - Meteoroid

Here is my solution.

JoeBarndollar_0-1601071374595.png

pawanmalik
8 - Asteroid

This was an easy one to start with.

shyamprasadp
6 - Meteoroid

Here is the solution that I navigated through. Truly there are many ways to get to same solution.

ballur
7 - Meteor

1st weekly challenge solution