Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

mithily
8 - Asteroid

I used the append fields tool to join the two data sets. I first converted the postal code to a VWstring. Then I checked if the postal code was between the high and low of the range ( which was created from lookup using a formula). Then after append fields, which does a cartesian join, I filtered the ones which had a match for the postal code being between the high and low and once I got the tru set, doing a summarize was easy. It matched the output.YAY!8-29-2020 12-31-26 PM.png

ijkiv
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
This is how I solved this challenge. 

I used the 'Text to Columns' tool to split the Range column into a Min and Max Postal Area. I then used the Advanced Join tool to 'categorize' each Postal Area into the appropriate Range. Solution 1.PNG
mpg222
7 - Meteor

1st time weekly challenge poster.

Spoiler
I had a similar solution to the solution file, the only difference was how I used the Generate Rows tool. I updated an existing field rather than creating a new one.
Capture.JPG

simbert
8 - Asteroid

Adding the workflow

RobertW
Alteryx
Alteryx

1 and Done!

Spoiler
RobertW_0-1598977138487.png

Jayfay
7 - Meteor
Spoiler

Malvim
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Malvim_0-1599191630175.png

anshuverma0912
8 - Asteroid

Hey, here is my solution.

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Trying to complete all challenges so lets start from 1.

Challenge 1 Done

Spoiler

Workflow

challenge_1_solution_AllwynThomas_Spoiler.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Allwyn Thomas

MikeDroog
6 - Meteoroid

was trying to find a more elegant solution then the additional rows but couldn't find any. Counted responses instead of ids initially