Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Woah I was looking at the create record tool and that's way better! I am going to use this all the time!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Woah I was looking at the create record tool and that's way better! I am going to use this all the time!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
MarvinPinto
6 - Meteoroid

Used a slightly different approach  to resolve the challenge by using the Tile tool to create groups

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Welcome Marvin - great to see you on the community.
Feel free to post any questions you may have here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/bd-p/data-preparation-blending
... or any ideas you have for new product features here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

Looking forward to seeing you hit the "5 challenges complete" badge - with today's work you should already have 2 or 3 badges in the bag!

DE0413
8 - Asteroid

I'm fairly new to Alteryx but want to take advantage of the learning experience.  Attached is my solution to the week 1 challenge and curious to know your thoughts on this approach.

Thank you,

Denise

ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I just loved these challenges, and as someone mentioned before on this thread, it is very addictive. :)

Attaching my solution for the first weekly challenge. Many more to come.

Thanks,

Yug

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
Phil_L57
7 - Meteor

Hi GeneR,

I also used the Generate Rows technique. With the generate rows how come the field that is being created doesn't need to be enclosed in square brackets? It does also work with the brackets included though.

Thanks

Phil

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

A nice easy on to start with :)

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 1.png
raj_k
6 - Meteoroid

Solution for Challenge # 1 

Shevans
6 - Meteoroid

Late to the game but so excited about doing these and seeing how everyone else solves them!  It really helps add to my "tool box" :)  Nothing new but here is my solution :)