Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Max06270
7 - Meteor

Nice challenge, I used the formula into the generate row tool to recalculate the postal codes.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Nice and simple! Love it

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
KatieA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Attached my solution.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you.

3 differences in this version vs. the supplied solution:

- Summarized the client file to minimize the data as soon as possible

- Summarized the client data using distinct by Client ID to avoid double counting (you never know when you may have duplicates)

- Added in a simple tester at the end (joining on all fields) to make sure that every row was an accurate copy of expectation.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Solution via append fields

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
JoshK_dup_167
6 - Meteoroid

Better late than never, right?

Tharashasank
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

When i going through community i found this wonderful weekly exercise and started playing around. I just did my first challenge. It is a good example to show the usefulness of generate rows tool.

Loved Doing this exercise. I will try to do the rest of the exercises.

Thanks,

Tharashasnak

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution. Figured it was time to start back at #1, see all the fun i missed from back in 2015. :)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge1.JPG
kurtwz
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm having an issue with the Generate Rows tool.  I think it's set correctly, but I'm getting the "Parse Error at char(0): Unknown variable "RowCount" error.  Any suggestions for how to fix, my good sirs/ma'ams?  Thank you, Kurt

kurtwz
8 - Asteroid

Never mind--I didn't see the Loop Expression box at the bottom left of the Multiple Rows tool.  Got it now.  Thanks!