Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Max06270
7 - Meteor

Nice challenge, I used the formula into the generate row tool to recalculate the postal codes.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Nice and simple! Love it

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
KatieA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Attached my solution.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you.

3 differences in this version vs. the supplied solution:

- Summarized the client file to minimize the data as soon as possible

- Summarized the client data using distinct by Client ID to avoid double counting (you never know when you may have duplicates)

- Added in a simple tester at the end (joining on all fields) to make sure that every row was an accurate copy of expectation.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Solution via append fields

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
JoshK_dup_167
6 - Meteoroid

Better late than never, right?

Tharashasank
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

When i going through community i found this wonderful weekly exercise and started playing around. I just did my first challenge. It is a good example to show the usefulness of generate rows tool.

Loved Doing this exercise. I will try to do the rest of the exercises.

Thanks,

Tharashasnak

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution. Figured it was time to start back at #1, see all the fun i missed from back in 2015. :)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge1.JPG
kurtwz
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm having an issue with the Generate Rows tool.  I think it's set correctly, but I'm getting the "Parse Error at char(0): Unknown variable "RowCount" error.  Any suggestions for how to fix, my good sirs/ma'ams?  Thank you, Kurt

kurtwz
8 - Asteroid

Never mind--I didn't see the Loop Expression box at the bottom left of the Multiple Rows tool.  Got it now.  Thanks!