community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Meteoroid

Starting from the beginning...

Highlighted
Meteoroid

1. Formula tool: In spoiler

2. Join tool: Joined on region

3. Sum tool: group by region, sales rep and responder, Count by store number 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
 Formula tool: If [Postal Area]>=2000 && [Postal Area]<=2019 then "R1" elseif [Postal Area]>=2020 && [Postal Area]<=2039 then "R2" elseif [Postal Area]>=2040 && [Postal Area]<=2059 then "R3" elseif [Postal Area]>=2060 && [Postal Area]<=2079 then "R4" elseif [Postal Area]>=2080 && [Postal Area]<=2100 then "R5" else "" endif 

Started late but trying to get done and certified! Solved the first challenge and learnt about generating rows using generate rows tool.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Solution attached.

Atom

Interesting comparing this to vlookup using true 

Alteryx Partner

Working my way up to the top of the challenge board, wish me luck. 

Cheers,

Asteroid

Solution for Challenge 1.

Asteroid

Solution attached:

Atom

My first challenge!

Spoiler
I joined the tables on the starting zipcode for each range, sorted the results on the zipcode and used the multi-level row formula tool to fill in the zip codes that didn't match the zipcode of the starting range. 

I can't wait to try more of these!

Meteoroid

Hi all! This is my first ever solution to an Alteryx weekly challenge. Hope it works--looking forward to doing them all!