Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Stoneage8988
6 - Meteoroid

Week 1 solution,  got to learn more about how to use generate row tool, thanks. 

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

I have been working forward from 1 and backwards from 157 to cover all of the Challenges.

-My solution used the Create Rows function, a Join and the summarize tool.

-Cheers!

Matt

dkberry
6 - Meteoroid

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Starting from the beginning.  Completed my first weekly challenge (will not read additional comments or download the answers until I get them figured out).  Got my **bleep** handed to me in the Expert exam last week, so I need to whip myself into shape for next year.

Glad to see I solved it similar to most posts I read after the fact, using the Generate Rows Tool. 

Slowly rebuilding my Alteryx confidence...  :)

Onto #2...

garthn555
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
gn_challenge_001.png

My solution

garrettlem1017
8 - Asteroid

Solved this challenge two different ways. Solution one used generate rows tool to expand the ranges. The second solution used a switch statement in formula tool to determine the Region each Customer belonged to and joined on Region fields.

Pokayoke
6 - Meteoroid

Using Text to Columns and Generate Rows.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution works when there is a relatively small number of regions but would need to be reworked if the number of regions increased significantly. Now to see how others tackled this problem.

Spoiler
challenge_1_solution.png
lilyvanbilsen
6 - Meteoroid

Great weekly challenge. Allowed me to play around with the "Generate Rows" tool. Took a while to get the right input for the Initialization Expression and Condition Expression.

acastelazo
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution