Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Stoneage8988
6 - Meteoroid

Week 1 solution,  got to learn more about how to use generate row tool, thanks. 

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

I have been working forward from 1 and backwards from 157 to cover all of the Challenges.

-My solution used the Create Rows function, a Join and the summarize tool.

-Cheers!

Matt

dkberry
6 - Meteoroid

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Starting from the beginning.  Completed my first weekly challenge (will not read additional comments or download the answers until I get them figured out).  Got my **bleep** handed to me in the Expert exam last week, so I need to whip myself into shape for next year.

Glad to see I solved it similar to most posts I read after the fact, using the Generate Rows Tool. 

Slowly rebuilding my Alteryx confidence...  :)

Onto #2...

garthn555
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
gn_challenge_001.png

My solution

garrettlem1017
8 - Asteroid

Solved this challenge two different ways. Solution one used generate rows tool to expand the ranges. The second solution used a switch statement in formula tool to determine the Region each Customer belonged to and joined on Region fields.

Pokayoke
6 - Meteoroid

Using Text to Columns and Generate Rows.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution works when there is a relatively small number of regions but would need to be reworked if the number of regions increased significantly. Now to see how others tackled this problem.

Spoiler
challenge_1_solution.png
lilyvanbilsen
6 - Meteoroid

Great weekly challenge. Allowed me to play around with the "Generate Rows" tool. Took a while to get the right input for the Initialization Expression and Condition Expression.

acastelazo
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution