community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Alteryx Partner

Solution without using Generate Rows tool

I'm new to the weekly challenges but excited to work through them.  Please advise if this is the correct way to "complete" them (replying with an attached successful workflow solution).

My methodology was slightly different than the posted solution.  Because there were only 5 range designations I created and If/Elseif formula to identify the Range and then pulled in the corresponding Sales rep using the Find and Replace tool.  Perhaps not the most practical solution had there been a large number of ranges, but I arrived to the same results.

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Meteor

My solution below.

Atom

My solution below. 

Meteoroid

Did my first challenge.  Fun enough!

Here's to the first submission of the Alteryx Weekly challenge!

Utilized formula and generate Ids to achieve requirement. Still areas to improve!

Meteoroid

Asteroid

Solved. 

Meteoroid

Just started this journey, even though I'm extremely late to the party. Had fun solving this one. My approach seems similar to one of the solution already mentioned above. A combination of text to columns and generate rows.