Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

aristiguieta
8 - Asteroid

It was more interesting than it originally looked like. thank you for proposing it

... I think I took the "cave man" approach, there must be something more elegant.

bcastro1991
6 - Meteoroid

Just decided that I would give these challenges a go, and this one had me using a tool I never have used before. The tile tool works wonders.

Spoiler
solutionWeek1.PNG

So how do you get credit for completing a challenge?

CsHind80
5 - Atom

Hey all, 

Super late to this but just getting started working with Alteryx and figured that these challenges would serve as an excellent way to become more comfortable with the tool. That being said, here is my solution. I've yet to look at anyone else's but I am sure mine is far more complicated than need be. Would love any critiques of my workflow!

Essentially, my solution involved breaking the "Range" column into two separate columns by a "-" delimiter. Then I cleaned up those rows, renaming and reclassifying them. I counted the rows so that I could join that new column called 'Rowcount" to the original import of all the raw data.

Using the select tool, I got rid of all the unnecessary rows. Using the summarize tool, I reorganized the columns and grouped them up, using the "groupby" menu option. Finally, using the same summarize tool I added a count row, which was based on "Responder."

Let me know how I did!

CsHind80
5 - Atom

Hey all, 

Super late to this but just getting started working with Alteryx and figured that these challenges would serve as an excellent way to become more comfortable with the tool. That being said, here is my solution. I've yet to look at anyone else's but I am sure mine is far more complicated than need be. Would love any critiques of my workflow!

Essentially, my solution involved breaking the "Range" column into two separate columns by a "-" delimiter. Then I cleaned up those rows, renaming and reclassifying them. I counted the rows so that I could join that new column called 'Rowcount" to the original import of all the raw data.

Using the select tool, I got rid of all the unnecessary rows. Using the summarize tool, I reorganized the columns and grouped them up, using the "groupby" menu option. Finally, using the same summarize tool I added a count row, which was based on "Responder."

Let me know how I did!

pionut
5 - Atom

Hi,

Just new here. My solution for the first Challenge.

Cheers

IP

JMX
7 - Meteor

Had to look off of everyone else to understand the recreate postal code area

JMX
7 - Meteor

Had to look at some of the others to understand how to generate the postal code row to establish a common field 

matyohan
9 - Comet

Better late then nev

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

er !

FeedMeData
8 - Asteroid

Uploading my solution! 

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to Challenge 1!