community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Quasar

My solution:

 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

It was more interesting than it originally looked like. thank you for proposing it

... I think I took the "cave man" approach, there must be something more elegant.

Just decided that I would give these challenges a go, and this one had me using a tool I never have used before. The tile tool works wonders.

 

Spoiler
solutionWeek1.PNG

So how do you get credit for completing a challenge?

Highlighted
Atom

Hey all, 

 

Super late to this but just getting started working with Alteryx and figured that these challenges would serve as an excellent way to become more comfortable with the tool. That being said, here is my solution. I've yet to look at anyone else's but I am sure mine is far more complicated than need be. Would love any critiques of my workflow!

 

Essentially, my solution involved breaking the "Range" column into two separate columns by a "-" delimiter. Then I cleaned up those rows, renaming and reclassifying them. I counted the rows so that I could join that new column called 'Rowcount" to the original import of all the raw data.

 

Using the select tool, I got rid of all the unnecessary rows. Using the summarize tool, I reorganized the columns and grouped them up, using the "groupby" menu option. Finally, using the same summarize tool I added a count row, which was based on "Responder."

 

Let me know how I did!

 

Atom

Hey all, 

 

Super late to this but just getting started working with Alteryx and figured that these challenges would serve as an excellent way to become more comfortable with the tool. That being said, here is my solution. I've yet to look at anyone else's but I am sure mine is far more complicated than need be. Would love any critiques of my workflow!

 

Essentially, my solution involved breaking the "Range" column into two separate columns by a "-" delimiter. Then I cleaned up those rows, renaming and reclassifying them. I counted the rows so that I could join that new column called 'Rowcount" to the original import of all the raw data.

 

Using the select tool, I got rid of all the unnecessary rows. Using the summarize tool, I reorganized the columns and grouped them up, using the "groupby" menu option. Finally, using the same summarize tool I added a count row, which was based on "Responder."

 

Let me know how I did!

 

Atom

Hi,

Just new here. My solution for the first Challenge.

Cheers

IP

Meteor

Had to look off of everyone else to understand the recreate postal code area

Meteor

Had to look at some of the others to understand how to generate the postal code row to establish a common field 

Alteryx Partner

Better late then nev

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

er !

Asteroid

Uploading my solution!