community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #1: Join to Range

This is my Share in this thread, please check it.

This is with a simple formula tool and creating the ranges in the first file and then joining on the basis of different ranges.

Meteor

Howdy,  

My solution to challenge #1 is attached...

Attached my solution!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi,

Here's my solution :

Spoiler
workflow.PNG

Highlighted
Meteor

Hello! Attached is my slightly overcomplicated solution as I struggled with how to use generate rows correctly. Saw how others did it so I now know! Great exercise for learning so thank you very much! Onto the 2nd challenge...

Alteryx
Alteryx

Great exercise!

Cartesian join is a must to solve this but I could choose a smaller dataset to produce smaller cartesian join output which will make the workflow run faster.

Hi, im the new guy here, (for now).

There is my brute force solution.

Spoiler
Alteryx Challenge 1.PNG
Asteroid

Hi,

I am new to the "game" and just did my first weekly challenge (I saw there are so many already, so I have to catch up).

Below is my solution (slightly different to the proposed one but still quite similar I think).

V

Spoiler
 Challenge 1 - capture.PNG
Asteroid

Hi! Here my solution :)