Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

SamDesk
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Sam :)

AlexCox
8 - Asteroid

My solution

alejandini
5 - Atom
Spoiler
- I used the text to columns tool to split the Range to rows
- Auto detected the field types
- Used the Summarize tool to create a Min and Max column for the Postal Area in each Region, Sales Rep, and Expected Revenue combination
- Generated Rows for the Postal Area starting with the Min Postal Area and incremented 1 until equaling the Max Postal Area
- Joined with the original data set and then used Summarize tool to calculate the count of customers for each combination

Thank you!
Challenge 1 - Solution.PNG
AdamSmith
7 - Meteor

First Challenge completed

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

cookl
8 - Asteroid

Starting to work through the challenges with some other Alteryx users in work, first one done.

lesliefenwick
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler

My solution utilized the append tool.

Steps:

1. text to columns on [Range]

2. Append inputs together

3. Filter ==> tonumber([Postal Area]) >= tonumber([Low Range]) AND tonumber([Postal Area]) <= tonumber([High Range])

4. Summarize

Shivam
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
SpoilerChallenge1.PNG
otresca
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution

After building a solution based on generate row and text to column I thought it be more fun to try something else and calculate the region numerically. It's probably not the most robust way of doing this, but assuming the characteristic of the regions don't change too much it would hold up pretty well.

It only works if every region has the same number of postcode, and since R5 ends at 2100 and not 2099 I have to correct for overshooting the region.

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

2 years into my Alteryx career, I have finally revisited old challenges.