community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #1: Join to Range

Meteor

Got to start somewhere.

Here is my first try for the weekly challenges.

Highlighted
Asteroid

1.JPG

Alteryx Partner

My first challenge!

I had initially done it through a formula and then used the generate row tool. It simplifies the whole process.

I created min and max zip columns, appended it all together and got a good result.

Asteroid

Hi -- Instead of augmenting the second input with rows between the low and high end of the regional range, I categorized the first input's regions into the 5 categories with the formula tool.  I then joined on column from that output which had the information in the bins R1-R5 and used the summary tool -> select -> sort.

KP

My solution.

Probably similar to others, relatively easy one.

Spoiler
challenge_1_solution_MPannuzzo.png

Solution

Asteroid

Here is mine!  

Asteroid

Atom

Hi All,

My first post in this community and also my kick-off for the weekly challenge. A great opportunity to learn new things and looking forward to see how others approach the same problem.

Danny.