Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Joren
6 - Meteoroid

~Joren

asabau
8 - Asteroid

Late to the game, but here it is.

KM
6 - Meteoroid

Good challenge to get started with. I used a formula after appending the fields instead of doing it the generate rows way but I'll now try it that way too as it's all about building knowledge!

Syfer889
7 - Meteor

This is my first post and first completed Challenge. Figured, why not start at numero uno!

Question:

Is the completion of old challenges counted toward the hiker thing or counts that I see that are going on...?

OR

Do I need to complete them within that week time frame...?

Pretty sure that I have completed the task successfully...

1. I created a new column in the Customer Record data set called region with a conditional expression.
  2. Joined that with the Sales Rep data (on new Sales Region Code)
    1. Right in the join I removed the fields/records that I did not need and then...
  3. Summarized

Is there a specific reason that the longer route in the solution was taken that maybe I am missing...?

ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Syfer889  Glad you have you join us for the Weekly Challenge!  A Challenge, no matter when it is completed, counts toward earning the Weekly Challenge badges.  Good luck, and have fun out there!

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

image.png

OK my third Challenge - in 2018  I'm planning to go through all challenges - here goes the first one :) As long as I'll be doing more than one per week I'm gonna finally catch up :)

Syfer889
7 - Meteor

Kudos to that, I am with you Ukashi! Hoping to get 3 done per week 2 historic challenges and the current weeks challenge, to catch up!

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

Nice to hear  that! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Your post motivates me to try to do more than 2 as well :) 

CarolineMurnane
5 - Atom

I used IF statement in formula tool before joining tables on Range.

Spoiler
#1.png