Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Joren
6 - Meteoroid

~Joren

asabau
8 - Asteroid

Late to the game, but here it is.

KM
6 - Meteoroid

Good challenge to get started with. I used a formula after appending the fields instead of doing it the generate rows way but I'll now try it that way too as it's all about building knowledge!

Syfer889
7 - Meteor

This is my first post and first completed Challenge. Figured, why not start at numero uno!

Question:

Is the completion of old challenges counted toward the hiker thing or counts that I see that are going on...?

OR

Do I need to complete them within that week time frame...?

Pretty sure that I have completed the task successfully...

1. I created a new column in the Customer Record data set called region with a conditional expression.
  2. Joined that with the Sales Rep data (on new Sales Region Code)
    1. Right in the join I removed the fields/records that I did not need and then...
  3. Summarized

Is there a specific reason that the longer route in the solution was taken that maybe I am missing...?

ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Syfer889  Glad you have you join us for the Weekly Challenge!  A Challenge, no matter when it is completed, counts toward earning the Weekly Challenge badges.  Good luck, and have fun out there!

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

image.png

OK my third Challenge - in 2018  I'm planning to go through all challenges - here goes the first one :) As long as I'll be doing more than one per week I'm gonna finally catch up :)

Syfer889
7 - Meteor

Kudos to that, I am with you Ukashi! Hoping to get 3 done per week 2 historic challenges and the current weeks challenge, to catch up!

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

Nice to hear  that! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Your post motivates me to try to do more than 2 as well :) 

CarolineMurnane
5 - Atom

I used IF statement in formula tool before joining tables on Range.

Spoiler
#1.png