Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Archived Training

Parsing for Beginning Users

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Everyone thinks they have the ugliest data. Data can come formatted or unformatted, on one or multiple rows and can have odd characters thrown in. Alteryx has many tools in the tool belt to parse data in various degrees of ugliness. Make the unusable, useable.

You’ll Learn How to:

Decide which parsing tool is the best for different data

Featured Tools: Filter, Formula, Text to Columns, Multi-Row Formula, Sample, Dynamic Rename

Presenter:   @WayneWooldridge

Date: 2017-03-14

Alteryx Designer Version: 10.5

3 REPLIES 3
Semhar
5 - Atom

Hi,

Could someone kindly explain me the expression of the Multi Row formula it was used in the workflow?

[Latest
month-end ($mil)]

Thank you in advance

Semhar

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Semhar, it appears we have stumbled across a bug. For some reason, the variable [latest] is showing as [Latest month-end ($mil)]. I will check to see what may be causing this, but logically, it is intended to be [latest].

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Semhar, it appears we have stumbled across a bug. For some reason, the variable [latest] is showing as [Latest month-end ($mil)]. I will check to see what may be causing this, but logically, it is intended to be [latest].