Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Videos

Get your skills in gear with hours and hours of videos on topics ranging from beginner to advanced.

Build Your First Macro!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@becki, this training has passed and has no future invites. You can view the training in the playback of the original post!

becki
8 - Asteroid

are there invites for future training or do we just goto the calendar?  thanks

Auditor
5 - Atom

Great tutorial video! Thank you!

Comicjess78
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

Thanks for this very clear training!

I did your exercise and slightly customized the workflow on my own for exercise :

- I added a currency ratio when you choose which currency you want to display. I noticed that there was a problem with the "€" sign which returns a "?" if the format is not set properly ==> I found the solution by putting the format as "V_WString" with a size of 16 minimum.

-  I have some questions :

==> Is it possible to display the choices out of the macro? So that we don't have to open the workflow and only the questions show up. I know that it is OK when we set the workflow as an app and the choices are not in the macro.

==> Is it possible to update the "Ratio Table" (see the attached file) by connecting to a database in the macro?

Thank you very much!

Jessica