cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx User Group Meeting Logistics Check List

Alteryx
Alteryx

Signage

• Alteryx Logos, signs, etc. are used in the areas leading to the event site (Attached)

Parking

• Parking areas checked beforehand for adequate parking
  • Attendees are notified on parking accommodations

Meeting

• Projector
  • Screen
  • Speakers if audio is needed
  • Laptop
  • Cables for speakers
  • Cables for projector
  • Microphone
  • Extension cord
  • PowerPoint on computer
  • Business cards (To hand out during networking)
  • Pens, pencils, highlighters

Meeting Room

• Is there enough light?
  • Will it fit enough people?
  • Can AV equipment be set up in the space?
  • Food or drink available? If so, who will bring them?
  • Is it a quiet space?
  • Is the location easy to find?

Tip Create a Junk In The Trunk box: Get a large container to hold these items and keep in your car to bring to your next user group meeting.

Comments
Atabarezz
Alteryx Partner

very useful check list indeed...

Here are minor additions of mine;

• A default presentation with 4-5 slides that covers, "What is self-service analytics in general", how alteryx helps, Gartner quadrant slides,A few examples how it helped to major corporations so far... Coca-cola, ING bank etc..
  • If anything goes awkward and you have Murphy in the room Smiley Happy some printed materials covering the above so that you can hand them out and continue discussion... (this happened me twice, one laptop error, one projector error...)
  • a VGA <--> HDMI converter, some laptops don't have VGA, some new projectors don't have VGA etc... (this is a life saver if you are visiting a new place and if you don't bring your projector or computer)
  • Good to prepare something like a roll up banner if you are meeting in a public place a co-working space and you need an indication that attendees have come to the right place. Here is an example below...Picture1.png

Best

follow me @Atabarezz

Polls
Which presentation would you MOST be interested in seeing at your next local meeting?

Top Choice: Core capabilities (our core products) (35%)

Contributors